Ringing in the New Year brought a reminder of the passage of time, and that you’re not getting any younger. You’ve waited long enough and have decided to finally makeover your smile this 2017. But who can you trust as a qualified and experienced cosmetic dentist in North York? Dr. Eli Shem-tov offers a variety of options to make your teeth perfect this year.
What Cosmetic Services Does Your Practice Provide?
As your dentist in North York, Dr. Shem-tov has many different ways to improve the appearance of your teeth and give you a winning smile.
- ZOOM! Teeth Whitening – Zoom in on fast results with this safe, painless way to remove stains and lighten your teeth by several shades. With this in-office procedure, whitening gel is applied to your teeth and a special light speeds up the process. This quick treatment is a great way to save time and see instant results.
- Porcelain Veneers – Want straight, white teeth that are the appropriate length? Our veneers are specifically designed to remove gaps, create the desired colour, and lengthen teeth that may be worn down due to grinding.
- Dental Implants – Missing teeth are not just unsightly, they cause health problems, too. From jawbone loss to unnatural wear and tear to your other teeth, dental implants solve these issues and keep your smile gleaming.
- Porcelain Crowns – Make your teeth attract attention for the right reasons with a porcelain crown. Rather than using metal alloys like gold and silver, our tooth-coloured crowns blend in with your smile. With this treatment, the only thing people will notice is how great your teeth look.
- Tooth-Coloured Fillings – Enjoying a deep belly laugh shouldn’t cause you to worry about being seen with a mouthful of metal. If you need old silver fillings replaced with a natural-looking substance, or need a new filling, tooth-coloured composite resin is available at our office.
How Can I Maintain My Good-Looking Smile?
In addition to brushing and flossing at home, you can take the following steps to make sure the fantastic results from working with Dr. Shem-tov last for a long time.
- Eat Healthy – Avoid sugary snacks and beverages, since these lead to tooth decay and can compromise your enamel. Also, limit coffee, tea, and red wine, because they cause stains. Instead, drink water and enjoy treats that are high in vital nutrients like protein and calcium. Cheese and leafy greens are great choices.
- Stop Smoking – If you haven’t quit cigarettes or other tobacco products already, do it now. Not only is tobacco consumption bad for your lungs and cardiovascular system, smoking and chewing lead to stains, periodontal disease, and – even more dangerously – oral cancer.
- See Your Dentist – If you have a gorgeous smile already, it’s important to keep it that way by getting the professional dental care you need. Visit us at least twice a year for preventive care – even cleanings can take years off your appearance and keep your mouth healthy in the process.
Since it’s a new year, isn’t it time for a new smile? Schedule your appointment today to receive the top-notch cosmetic dental care you deserve.